Interested in a career in manufacturing? It's an amazing place, being around high-speed manufacturing equipment. In this role, you'll support our manufacturing process. Join our team of valued employees in achieving success! Lots of opportunity to learn and grow!
Schedule: Needs to be available for any shifts- possibly night shift.
Shift: 4 on/4 off schedule rotation, 12 hour shifts
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provide manufacturing support to our coil manufacturing lines, assist the team in achieving production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Stage and maintain in-process materials and follow proper palletized product banding procedures.
- Comply with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Assists in preventative maintenance on production equipment as requested.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- Responsible for clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties.
- Complete on-the-job training.
- Conduct inspection of in-process materials and in-process finished products.
- Perform routine manual or mechanical production functions necessary to operate the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
At Sonoco Metalpackaging, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimburse
- Sonoco Metalpackaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Completes required on-the-job and classroom training including SPC (statistical process controls software).
- Ability to learn all assigned equipment and products.
- Maintains an awareness, and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.