The Meta Product Technical Program Management (TPM) community is pioneering technologies to bring people (and businesses) closer together at a global scale. Product TPMs work at the cross-section between technical execution and business strategy and are expected to partner closely with Engineering and Product teams. Being a TPM at Meta means driving impact by delivering measurable results across a wide range of areas. You'll be responsible for defining and guiding high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and defining functional requirements for new products and features. It also means having a strong technical background, understanding system architecture, and the experience to effectively collaborate across functions and organizations to deliver impact.You will be leading technical strategy and execution on the company-wide platforms and services that are used across Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, and Oculus. Teams span across Ads, Business Integrity, Monetization, Commerce, Business Messaging, Privacy, Social Impact, Central Integrity, Growth, Central Metrics, Internationalization, Facebook Home, Marketplace, Watch, Groups, Stories, Search, Product Foundation, Instagram and more. This posting represents different full-time roles across the company.
Product Technical Program Manager, Product Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage end-to-end technical product solutions and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage and own cross-functional products and programs execution in a matrix organization.
- Drive and influence technical and product strategy, proactively identify risks and develop mitigation strategies, align on priorities, and set direction for a broadly cross-functional area.
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are working with.
- Design measurements to track impact and drive internal process improvements.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Collaboratively define the vision for building Meta-scale, state-of-the-art, global products.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery, provide day-to-day coordination, and quality assurance for tasks.
- Move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical program managers, product managers and engineers across Meta to establish a shared vision for improving execution and building solutions.
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely fashion to stakeholders.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiative.
- Design, build, and scale programs to support engineering efforts.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience driving and delivering complex tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience defining strategic direction and identifying new opportunities for impact amongst products, platforms and programs.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and functions, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience at executive level and experience influencing senior leadership and technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience developing or working directly on various aspects of large-scale distributed systems such as client-server interactions, scalability, reliability and efficiency.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.