The Product Process Specialist will be responsible for managing designated manufacturing processes in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The Product Process Specialist (PPS) will be responsible for ensuring conformance of processes and coordinating engineering, tooling and quality changes in their assigned area/department. The selected candidate will coordinate all safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale initiatives. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members (both bargaining unit and supervisory) regarding World Class Manufacturing techniques for problem solving and corrective action implementation. The PPS will interface with AME, Program Management, Product Engineering and Supplier Quality to assure compliance to build requirements as well as to drive product changes necessary to improve quality.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
This job has expired.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of bargaining unit employees
- Manage Process Sheets through Advanced Manufacturing Planning System (AMPS), propose modifications and guarantee process standardization across all shifts
- Analyze quality data, prioritize issues based on quality data and provide recommendations for improvement to the team
- Manage and lead part/process changes that affect the floor
- Audit and manage process parameters and identify optimal strategy based on CP-CPK results
- Root cause vehicle dimensional parameter issues to improve quality metrics
- Ensure non-conforming parts are identified and processed
- Collaborate with Team Leaders, Engineers and other roles in continuous improvement activities
- Actively participate and lead kaizen project activities centered on Safety, Cost, Quality and throughput improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment