A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Achieving better outcomes is the driving force behind our commitment to sustainability. From the life cycle assessment of our products to the focus on energy saving initiatives to empowering our employees to give back to the communities in which we work and live, creating value in a responsible way is what we aim to achieve. MilliporeSigma strives to advance environmental and social responsibility throughout our products, operations and people.
The Sustainability & Social Business Innovation team is hiring a Specialist to support its strategic goal for increasing product & packaging sustainability. This position is ideal for a strong leader and project manager who will focus on working cross-functionally to implement and scale up the division's Design for Sustainability (DfS) and SMASH Packaging programs in order to significantly increase the sustainability of our products and packaging.
This person will interface with all levels of the organization, primarily across business areas and operations. Additionally, this person will be responsible for keeping a pulse on changes in product regulatory requirements, industry trends, sustainable product design, packaging, and other sustainability and/or product stewardship initiatives.
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Drive and scale up DfS program including:
- Manage implementation of new DfS program within our internal product development process and ensure adoption globally through education, training sessions, development of specific resources and tools.
- Support product development teams throughout the entire DfS process (life cycle thinking, ideas generation, sustainability assessment, measurement and communication)
- Drive and scale up SMASH Packaging-related initiatives including:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify packaging improvement opportunities aligned with the program goals
- Support packaging improvement projects including the identification of technical solutions and relevant partners and the measurement of sustainability characteristics.
- Manage and track progress of key initiatives of the program (e.g.: zero deforestation)
- Investigate new solutions and technologies that could be applicable to our business. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop business case and relevant implementation plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in driving product/packaging sustainability improvement including running projects remotely, such as in other geographies within the U.S., Asia and Europe
- 2+ years of experience in sustainability, eco-design and/or product-related environmental regulations
- 2+ years of experience in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodologies and software tools (Simapro)
- 2+ years of experience in sustainability and product stewardship trends, such as with sustainable packaging, product take-back and recycling, and product-related environmental regulations
- An advanced degree in Product Sustainability
- Knowledge of applicable environmental regulatory requirements and industry standards, including WEEE, RoHS, REACH and other eco-design and energy efficiency requirements
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate projects with other departments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as strong research and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong influencing and motivating skills, including buy-in and consensus building among all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Strong relationship-building skills, including those with internal stakeholders, customers, suppliers, and vendors
- Competent Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Partnership/Teamwork - ability to work well with a variety of people and be flexible to take on different roles/responsibilities as things change
- Leadership - ability to lead cross-functionally
- Facilitation - ability to work with several organizations with differing needs and develop an agreed upon solution
- Customer Service - ability to anticipate, understand, and interpret customer needs and address as needed
- Structured problem solving - ability to take a complex problem and break it down into components
- Ability to pull relevant information from engineering, standards bodies, industry standards, and other technical resources to drive change
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213755
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(< 1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.