Learning and growing with NPD
Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics, The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
The Product Manager, Consumer Platforms, will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing the product strategy, vision and prioritization for Consumer services. As a member of the newly created Global Product Platforms team, this individual must possess a strategic, forward-thinking mindset in order to assess the competitive landscape, and make thoughtful recommendations on how NPD can further align Consumer services on a global scale. The Product Manager, will work closely across NPD's Global Product organization and cross-functionally with the Commercial, Technology, Operations, and Research Science teams.
This position can be located in the following locations:
Port Washington, NY; NYC; Chicago: Houston, TX; Greensboro, NC; Virginia; San Diego, CA
- Develop and implement product strategy for Consumer services in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Take a leadership role in the reinvention of NPDs global foodservice consumer tracking services.
- Improve global alignment across products and services by developing new or standardizing existing processes and methodologies
- Perform regular assessments and audits of all Consumer services to ensure global alignment, looking closely at data granularity, cycle time, methodologies, pricing, coverage, and competitive landscape.
- Develop Innovation prototypes and provide recommendations to bring forward to production, focusing on quality and accuracy.
- Follow product development processes from ideation/client discovery and prototyping to general availability launch, where applicable.
- Implement global methodologies in collaboration with Research Science teams.
- Ensure global alignment for all new launches, acquisitions, and enhancements.
- Develop documentation of all policies in partnership with Research Science teams.
- Proactively assess and evaluate new data sets across product portfolios.
- Experience working with POS and Consumer trackers.
- Specific experience with NPD CREST foodservice data a plus!
- 5+ years' experience in Market Research, Consumer Goods, or Retail Buying Office.
- Proven ability to analyze customer needs and goals and generate thoughtful, creative proposals that exceed customer expectations and expand revenue opportunities.
- Solid organizational and project management skills; ability to manage and deliver on multiple project deliverables simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication skills; demonstrates confidence, composure, and diplomacy when delivering any message.
- Understands product features, components, and benefits and can translate usage to colleagues and clients with regard to particular needs.
- Strong understanding of data and analysis, with the ability to translate the data into actionable business results for the client.
- Ability to think and make thoughtful decisions quickly.
- Expert in all MS Office products (Advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience operating in Agile development frameworks.
- Master's Degree preferred.
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD products and services, or be willing to provide the consumer with the best solution.Relationships:
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to work synergistically with a diverse group of stakeholders ensuring cross-fertilization of ideas, and effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.Discipline:
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management process and systems. Candidates must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will ensure upmost accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be prepared to back up their assertions with facts and evidence.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.