Product Manager, Brand Parts
Product Manager, Brand Parts - Aftersales
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Product Manager, Brand Parts located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
The Product Manager, Brand Parts is responsible for managing original equipment and aftermarket parts product portfolios to achieve AOP sales and margin expectations. As a functional member of the Aftersales Solutions team, the Product Manager plays an integral role in uncovering individual dealer and customer obstacles to grow parts sales and convert business through the HYG Aftersales program. The Product Manager understands the market potential/sales volume and evaluates customer insights to direct parts pricing strategy, marketing plans, and influence parts supplier selections and product portfolio within their assigned categories. A critical component of this position will be the development of sales growth strategies to expand wholesale and retail parts sales. This includes developing strategies for eCommerce as well as developing the necessary product marketing information for online applications. Further, the Product Manager develops more traditional sales growth strategies to drive sales through dealer conversions or sales retention of assigned commodities; a driving factor is to understand the service needs of assigned parts and truck systems.
The successful Product Manager will have the following Key Accountabilities:
The successful Product Manager will have the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Negotiate new supplier programs and onboard suppliers to the HYG Aftersales program.
- Conduct business reviews with current suppliers to review performance and areas of opportunity.
- Review supplier and product portfolio and set strategy to optimize the product offering for our customer base.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve the Dealer experience and increase overall acceptance of the Aftersales program.
- Offer excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders as it relates to suppliers, categories and products assigned.
- Own and manage product information for marketing purposes. Ensure the right data is collected in the PIM software from internal systems, suppliers and other relevant sources and is enriched with marketing copy for consumption at various stages of the customer journey. Design product relationships to enable cross-sell, up-sell and kit-sell and other strategies.
- Obtain competitive price intelligence to create competitive benchmarks of parts and service offering with the end goal of achieving AOP margin/sales objectives.
- Through a deep understanding of the product, customers, and target market segments, create solutions-oriented value propositions and messaging that differentiate HYG OE parts in the material handling space. This includes but is not limited to identifying parts branding opportunities and developing and distributing marketing materials for retail and dealer network consumption.
- Utilize supplier marketing materials to build meaningful and accurate sales enablement and promotional content. Develop and measure KPI's to monitor success.
- Comprehensive sales channel marketing plan to optimize reach of all customer segments including dealers, do-it-yourself customers, and service customers.
- Closely collaborate with the Aftersales Commercial Support Team to help drive program adoption and sales growth by Dealer enterprise, division and location.
- Understand supplier's market position, their value proposition as well as quality. Utilize combination of supplier insights and voice of customer to influence optimal supplier selection to strengthen the HYG parts brand promise.
- Collect and process customer acceptance feedback and use it to influence purchasing behavior.
- Manage a Parts Marketing Analyst (one direct report) and closely collaborate with other team members to support the overall growth of the aftersales parts business.
- B.S. in Marketing, Finance or related field is preferred
- Managerial, Marketing, Aftermarket, Parts Sales, Procurement, or related experience
- no degree: 10+ years; 4 year degree: 5-7 years; MBA: 3-5 years
- Proven marketing and promotional strategies
- Product and supplier management experience with excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiating skills including supplier contracts and commercial terms
- Proven market and competitive analysis skills
- MS Office, with excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Project management and strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven business writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly adopt and understand new systems and applications
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual who thrives in an unstructured work environment
- Working knowledge of industrial lift truck parts and technical specifications is highly desired
What we offer:
Hyster-Yale Group offers competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, supportive work environment, hybrid work option, and opportunities for growth and development. A full benefits package: paid time off; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, employer-sponsored profit sharing and 401(k).
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
HYG US Greenville, NC (Headquarters)Address
1400 Sullivan DriveZip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.