Come build the metaverse with us through the magic of user-built experiences, places and things! The Horizon Metaverse Organization is building a social user-generated content platform where anyone can find people, places, and things they care about -- a metaverse without constraints where people have freedom of identity and expression, where the world's creators can enable their communities to connect and engage in extraordinary ways.We're looking for a Product Design Manager to lead the Onboarding and Personal Space teams at the heart of the metaverse, focused on building social spaces that give people in Horizon a sense of self, place, and belonging in the metaverse. This is a great opportunity to help shape and define new ways for people to connect, build communities and define interactions in the metaverse. This work supports breakthrough technologies and provides the chance to invent and iterate on novel paradigms that break exciting new ground. In this role, you'll be a foundational member on the Onboarding and Personal Space leadership team, working together with your counterparts in Engineering, Product Management, Art, UX research, Content Design, and other disciplines to define the strategy, operations, and communications that guide the team to build great product experiences, addressing real user needs. You will be expected to utilize your full range of people management skills, product strategy, product design, interaction design and visual design skills.
Product Design Manager, Horizon Responsibilities:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable systems for people using our products.
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers, game designers, and prototypers that consistently deliver on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skill sets.
- Responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence.
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with Product Managers, Engineers, UX Researchers, Artists and Content Designers.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions around the future direction of Horizon and the metaverse.
- Cultivate a healthy design process for the team, and be a key contributor to your org's product strategy.
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and connect related projects across the company so that problems or joint decisions can be resolved quickly.
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- 4+ years of design leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership.
- 4+ years of experience working collaboratively with product, engineering, design, content and user research teams.
- Experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of experiential, visual and interaction design skills.
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision-making.
- Experience working in a technical environment.
- Experience working in virtual reality, gaming or related environments.
- Track record leading product direction and strategic thinking with the experience to develop product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- 4+ years of experience in Product Design.
- Platform game systems experience.
- Experience working on large scale, complex projects across multiple pillars or groups.
- Experience building complex interactive systems that scale.
- Experience managing teams delivering 0 - 1 consumer facing products.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.