WSB-TV is looking for a newscast producer/writer.
We're looking for someone who can produce fast-paced, high energy newscasts but also knows when to slow things down to create unforgettable moments. Our producers are newscast managers who produce every story and understand the value of every element. This position is made for someone who is innovative, loves showcasing, owns "live" and can add context to complicated stories. Producers collaborate directly with reporters on best video and stories. They also understand the importance of fully integrating on-line and broadcast platforms.
What we look for
- A Producer must be skilled in crafting broadcast ready scripts that are accurate and conversational.
- This person is expected to write a variety of scripts including lead-ins, vo's, tags, etc.
- High performing Producers will also be expected to write packages and/or copy edit, when needed.
- Producer is also responsible for making editorial decisions on content distribution in conjunction with writing scripts.
- At times, a Producer will also proxy edit. All of this must be done within a fast-paced work environment.
- The ideal candidate also must be able to provide excellent customer service to affiliates and the ability to collaborate with co-workers.
This job has expired.
- Requirements for this position include 2 years or more producing experience and 3-5 years total news experience. Experience in local news is required.
- Creative written and oral skills are also essential, as well as strong organizational skills and flexibility.
- Minimum of four years line producing in medium to large markets required.