Job Code and Payroll Title
007738 PROCUREMENT ANL 4
The Procurement Analyst uses skills as an experienced procurement professional. Works on assignments that are diverse and complex in nature, and require strong analytical skills necessary to compare and contrast purchasing options. Demonstrates good judgment in selection methods and techniques. Makes independent purchasing decisions. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Identifies risks and responds accordingly. Regularly works on highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Professional and Managerial
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration or related area and 5-10 years of relevant experience and/or equivalent experience/training
- Full knowledge of the purchasing function
- Ability to communicate complex information to others verbally and in writing
- Ability to read, interpret, develop, and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts
- Advanced level of proficiency in the use of standard spreadsheet and word processing software
- Certified Professional in Supply Management within 6 months of hire
- Strong negotiating skills
- Advanced skills in the use of ERP/financial systems (such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of UC procurement policies, the organization's departments and operations and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Ability to perform cost analysis and planning for major commodities
Full TimeDepartment Name
FIN Supply Chain ManagementEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
Supply Chain Management empowers the business of the University by delivering intuitive, easy-to-use tools for purchasing goods and services. Through cost savings and innovative procurement processes, we help expand opportunities for teaching, research and public service.
The Supply Chain Management:
- Provide supply chain services that will support the academic and research mission.
- Provide guidance and supply chain process tools to campus departments and to central administration units.
- Ensure controls in the supply chain and maintain the highest level of compliance with UC policy and applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
UCSF Supply Chain Management supports the mission and vision of the University of California Office of the President Procurement Services Group.About UCSF
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world's leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Mission Center Building (SF)
This job has expired.