Job ID: 426620
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat's engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat's suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.
Job Description Summary
The process technician will set molds and start up/maintain prototype and volume part runs. The successful candidate will have the ability to set-up, change and maintain 35-ton to 1000-ton injection molding machines and their processes; maintain and monitor the quality of parts being prepared for shipment, determine processing parameters of various tools, have the ability to identify problems and address them accordingly.
- Work with injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment such as mold heaters, robots, and sprue pickers
- Set-up raw materials, clean hoppers, dryers, and prep tools for production
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner while handling production material. In addition to the forklift, operators must also have knowledge on how to safely operate additional equipment such as hoist, grinders, sanders, and other hand tools, etc.
- Perform quality control checks on product during the production process to ensure that product specifications and standards are met
- Lube machines and complete daily in process mold maintenance
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep plant appearance at an acceptable and safe manner
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Operate machines and package finished product when needed
- Perform special processes and projects as required by Production Supervisor or Site Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Required Skills
What CRH Offers You
- Experience in mold changes, hydraulics, electrical, an understanding of polymers and resins, processing and injection mold machinery
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting using root cause analysis
- Understands and is familiar with developing processes using Decoupled Molding
- Familiar with open/close loop process controls
- Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- At least 5 years of experience in plastics processing
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Leviat, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Portland Oregon Job Segment:
Maintenance, Construction, Forklift, Warehouse, Hydraulics, Manufacturing, Engineering