Are you a skilled Process Engineer with expertise is metal forming and/or stamping in a high-speed manufacturing environment? We are looking for your skills in our Columbus Operations Center! We offer competitve pay and great benefits that begin day 1 of hire. Apply today!
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we're a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides technical support for the steel packaging production engineering function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establish job priorities, plans activities, schedules, and guides coordinators, drafters and designers.
- Responsible for providing technical support and pertinent information to plants, licensees, joint ventures, customers, and other engineering groups. Participate in troubleshooting investigations and corrective action of container and closure product and product-related equipment.
- Investigate, develop and implement closure container-related cost improvements in material usage, operating practices and equipment utilization.
- Plan and perform programs to ensure that our present and future products will be competitive. Examine the cost of materials and processes with a goal of increasing quality and reducing overall manufacturing costs through evolutionary development programs.
- Participate in project implementation, installation, check-out, tune-up and start-up of new equipment.
- Develop and review equipment specifications and recommends criteria to manufacturing.
- Perform proper acceptance inspections of new equipment.
- Provide liaison and technical support to other disciplines of production engineering and other departments.
- Investigate and prepare AFE level cost estimates.
- Organize and oversee small scope projects from AFE preparation through installation and start-up. Determine multi-discipline engineering needs and coordinates project schedule.
- Initiate and update product, tooling, metal and packaging specifications and designs and disseminates this information.
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of technical progress in general engineering, container and closure tooling products and metal forming technology.
- Organize technical meetings to review problems and improvements to supplies, plants, licensees and joint ventures.
- Technical liaison with suppliers.
- Evaluate, qualify and implement products and product design from internal development, suppliers, competitors and technical institutions for the plant line evaluation.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Need to be flexible to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Travel: 25-50%
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
This job has expired.