A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works, and plays through next-generation advancements in healthcare, life science, and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role:We are looking for a Process Development Scientist to join the technical branch of the commercial organization in the MidWest/Chicago, IL region and/or Houston TX region. Strong candidates in the greater Midwest area will also be considered. The Process Development Scientist is part of a worldwide team of engineers and scientists reporting into the technical support group for MilliporeSigma's Process Solutions business. The ideal candidate will be a scientist/engineer with in-depth knowledge and understanding of bioprocess unit operations.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Proactively pursuing and performing process development studies for the purification of therapeutic proteins using MilliporeSigma technologies such as sterile filtration, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, viral reduction filtration, as well as, chromatography.
Involvement in selection and sizing, process optimization, and technology transfer activities associated with the purification of new pharmaceuticals with a focus on Phase I-III drug development.
- Provide consultation to customers through email, telecon, or video chat.
Collaborate and work with customer process development groups in the greater MidWest region.
Work collaboratively with a team of local MilliporeSigma account managers to provide technical expertise to local customers.
- Document customer interfacing activities through appropriate electronic systems.
- Propose new technical ideas/areas for the larger group to advance state-of-the-art.
- Communicate and work effectively in cross-functional teams, influence technical approaches and support strategy execution.
- Travel up to 35% within North America region with some international travel during normal periods. Current travel requirements are significantly reduced corresponding to local and state regulations, as well as general distancing approaches related to the pandemic.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry or another life sciences disciple AND 3+ years of experience within lab environment preferably in process development or technology implementation OR Master's degree in a life sciences disciple AND 2+ within lab environment preferably in process development or technology implementation OR Ph.D. AND 1+ of experience within lab environment preferably in process development or technology implementation.
- Ability to derive relevant conclusions, based on the experimental results, and effectively communicate this to our customers.
- Excellent hands-on laboratory skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or other data analysis software
- Sound understanding of downstream and/or upstream biomanufacturing process requirements, best practices, and industry standards
- Comfortable with making recommendations for future course of action based on experimental results
- Relay relevant results to sales, field marketing, etc.
- Ability to identify scientific leadership opportunities and execute through lunch & learns, publications, presentations, etc. with a focus on customer collaboration
- Ability to cope with change, adjust test plans quickly, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Ability to build effective relationships; both internally and externally
- Ability to produce quality written experimental reports and other appropriate documentation
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently in a field-based position
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively to diverse audiences through both written and oral communications
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218119
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.