Regeneron's PMPD group, located in Tarrytown, NY is seeking a Scientist or Engineer who works independently and exercises judgment in resolving critical problems covered by existing standards, policies and procedures. In this role you will Read/understand and utilize related literature to work field and beyond your own specialty field, use knowledge and experience to solve problems. You will also promote teamwork and the exchange of ideas and information in all directions and demonstrate resourcefulness and effective value prioritization of tasks. Communicates optimally with all levels in the organization. Typically spends the majority of his/her time doing scientific / technical work. Demonstrates strong leadership potential and poise in approach to work. Utilizes domain expertise in area of specialization to executes research and development experiments with minimal guidance. Demonstrates innovative thinking, generates new ideas and techniques.
A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
This Role Might Be For You If You:
- Develop integrated computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and mathematical models to predict impact of scale up on process performance and optimize scale dependent parameters.
- Conduct experiments with minimal guidance to verify simulations. Analyze data and interpret results of experiments within context of project goals. Make recommendations to management.
- Work with Supervisor to prepare and deliver effective oral presentations in our area of expertise at internal and external professional meetings. Share multi-functional skills and knowledge at a wide variety of meetings. Writes complete internal and/or external publications that require minimal revisions (i.e., development reports, patents, Peer Reviewed publications etc.).
- Keep up with the latest scientific and engineering developments by reading the current literature and attending conferences. Encouraged to apply literature findings or synthesize external information to development of new processes.
- Work cross functionally to maintain alignments with our model development and data science efforts.
- Strong understanding of underlying principles of unit operations and equipment design facilitating process transfer to GMP manufacturing, scale up of clinically and commercially enabling processes from bench scale to pilot and manufacturing scales
- Work in alignment with our counterparts in manufacturing to support investigations related to our scale up and process transfer across areas
- Responsible for communicating relevant information to PMPD Senior Staff as departmental program team representative
- Possess a strong knowledge of research principles, theories, design and implementation. Keeps current in relevant literature.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, analytical and computer, and technical writing skills.
This role requires a MS w 3-5+ yrs experience or a PhD with 0-3yrs experience with a degree in an Engineering discipline. Mathematical modeling and experience with JMP statistical software is preferred. Possesses knowledge of CFD or other simulation environments. Experience with ANSYS products and SolidWorks is preferred. Possesses knowledge of bioreactor operations and scale up. Mammalian cell culture knowledge is preferred. Diverse in data analytics and programming a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.