At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Principal Solutions Architect based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The Principal Solutions Architect plays a key role in the development, design and implementation of next generation, file-based media systems. The focus is on solutions that support ingest, edit, transcode, archive and distribution functions within the company's live streaming and file-based media environments with a secondary focus on managing and maintaining enterprise server technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Technical leader of media focused system engineers to design, maintain and support the NASCAR Productions systems infrastructure for internal and external constituencies in live and post-production environments
- Design, develop and implement high capacity, video storage and archive solutions along with associated data access and management systems
- Develop and deploy workflows to support media ingest, archive, and restore functions
- Develop and implement next generation solutions that enable production workflow integration and file-based media exchanges with onsite or remote facilities
- Design, develop and implement cost effective, scalable, next generation solutions that support ingest, transcode, processing and distribution of file-based video content
- Integrate media systems with Media Asset Management Systems (MAM), and media orchestration solutions
- Ensure system interoperability with 3rd party, vendor supplied systems and products
- Manage and maintain Windows servers, including Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, and SharePoint
- Develop and maintain custom scripts using Python to automate repetitive tasks and enhance system functionality and aid in MAM workflows
- Create and maintain system documentation and standard operating procedures
- Plan and implement system upgrades, patches, and maintenance tasks
- Report and track issues and new feature requests with vendors
- Provide 2nd level operational/technical support and training as necessary to Operations, Engineering, and support staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Assist with the development and execution of proof-of-concept initiatives regarding innovative technologies for media systems
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years related experience in film and post-production or experience managing Windows systems in enterprise environments; or equivalent combination of education and experience.COMPUTER SKILLS
Proficient in company provided hardware and software.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to support remote offices and transport equipment when necessary.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge and understanding of video and audio encoding/transcoding techniques and formats
- Strong knowledge of video storage technology (e.g. NAS, SAN, and Object) and archive solutions along with associated data access protocols, application software and systems
- Working knowledge of media management and workflow orchestration tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge of high performance, IT based hardware technology used within the media systems environment
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, or Bitbucket for system configurations management.
- Proficiency with technologies such as Grafana, Telegraf, and InfluxDB.
- Proficiency with serverless technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- General Knowledge of Machine Learning practices technologies such as Sagemaker, Tensorflow, and Kubeflow.
- Experience with implementation of software based media solutions deployed on IT/commodity hardware running on various platforms (e.g. Linux, Windows, Serverless).
- Knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies and techniques.
- Working knowledge of I.T & networking principals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, SNMP)
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, and Linux Operating Systems.
- In depth knowledge of the AWS or Azure cloud platform.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware or Nutanix
- Experience with Microsoft Intune
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.