A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Reporting directly into the Head of Novel Modalities R&D, the Principal Process Scientist will work in the newly created Novel Modalities R&D organization to develop innovative manufacturing technologies for RNA lipid nanoparticles / liposomes. You will drive innovation for R&D activities securing IP for internal MilliporeSigma technology and product platforms whenever suitable. You will be responsible for identifying optimized solutions while considering newest scientific data sources and interactions with the scientific community. You will also be responsible for staying updated on product and industry knowledge as well as "best-in-class" manufacturing technologies. Additional responsibilities include:
Who You Are:
- Leading the development efforts to deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality
- Drive implementation of digital tools and solutions in the development and manufacturing disciplines.
- Establish a team-based approach with other internal organizations, such as marketing, sales, PAD, QC and Manufacturing.
- Establish relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and create opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth.
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate attention to detail in the planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
- BS with 8+ years' experience, MS with 3+ years, or PhD
- Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other related scientific discipline
- Experienced in preparing nanoparticles / liposomes in an R&D environment
- Hands on experience with encapsulating small molecules or biological molecules in particles
What we offer:
- Ph.D. with 5+ years or MS with 8+ years of working experience in the cGMP/GLP environment in a CMO or CRO and knowledgeable about ICH and FDA guidelines
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of liposomes preparation, experience with Ethanol injection method such as microfluidics system is a strong plus
- Experience with large scale liposomes preparation and TFF operation
- Experience with RNA therapeutic drugs
- Ability to train and coach employees.
- Experience with technology transfer and scale-up to manufacturing process
- Experience in process analytical technologies and automation
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213906
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.