Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This is a remote, field-based role that can be done from anywhere in the US Northeast.
As member of US Medical, Field Medical Affairs team, the Principal Health Outcomes Liaison/Sr. Health Outcomes Liaison provides scientific and health economics/outcomes research support for DSI initiatives and engages in dissemination of DSI product/portfolio total value proposition (TVP), upon request to customers in various US healthcare segments, with a predominant payor focus. In addition, the Health Outcomes Liaison will have demonstrated leadership commensurate with a senior level position at Daiichi Sankyo (DSI) demonstrated by innovation and ability to anticipate trends and capitalize on opportunities.
Anticipates and capitalizes on opportunities with existing and new HOL customers by conducting the following:
- Delivering scientific and pharmacoeconomic data for DSI products to health care system decision makers responsible for managing medical care in various settings including managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit management companies, payer groups, or at company-sponsored advisory board meetings
- Identifying and communicating scientific, clinical, health outcomes and pharmacoeconomic research information and objectives of health care decision makers to appropriate DSI colleagues
- Collaborate with the Medical Liaisons as appropriate to meet the mutual scientific, clinical, therapeutic area and DSI product informational needs of the health care decision makers and HCPs
- Developing ability to provide strategic input into the development and implementation of Disease Management education programs and tools for use with customers
- Developing ability to demonstrate leadership in the area of EBM, which includes leading the ongoing debate from a DSI point of view with key internal and external stakeholders; and ensuring this point of view, is presented in credible publications.
- Building and cultivating direct relationships with identified opinion leaders and payer influencers in practice and/or academia to discuss therapeutic areas important to DSI.
- Coordinating scientific presentations and communications within geographical area of responsibility between health care system decision makers and DSI colleagues
- Attending select scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of continuing education, presenting health outcomes research and pharmacoeconomic data when appropriate, and scientific exchange with value based decision makers
- Gathering customer insights to help inform medical and commercial decision making.
Enhances relationships with appropriate internal stakeholders through the anticipation of trends and recognition of strategic opportunities.
Provides assistance to leadership in the development and implementation of the FMA department strategy in alignment with Medical, Managed Markets and Brand strategies, and by providing input/participating in Medical Affairs and FMA strategic planning processes.
Develops the ability to strategically establish, gain support for, and lead national level projects/initiatives by providing leadership through alignment across DSI functions.
Complete administrative duties, including monthly expense reporting and field activity reporting
Develops ability to fully represent FMA Leadership at DSI meetings, functions, events.Qualifications:
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
PharmD, M.D., or Ph.D in a health sciences related field required; Master's in pharmaco-epidemiology, epidemiology, or health economics preferred
Principal Health Outcomes Liaison must have: 4 or more years of experience including medical & scientific affairs, clinical practice, research, academic or US managed markets required with a minimum of 4 years in the pharmaceutical industry preferred. Additional expertise must include 1-year of experience as a Sr. Health Outcomes Liaison or related experience required.
Senior Health Outcomes Liaison must have: 4 or more years of experience including medical & scientific affairs, clinical practice, research, academic or US managed markets required with a minimum of 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry preferred. Additional expertise must include 1-year of experience as a Health Outcomes Liaison or related experience required.
Previous experience in oncology, pharmaco-economics, health outcomes research, disease management principles and tools, and Real-World Evidence (RWE) is highly desirable.
- Communicates effectively by using the appropriate techniques to build rapport with external customers and internal stakeholders using both oral and written communication
- Able to effectively conduct the exchange of scientific information even with the most challenging audiences
- Able to assess audience effectively and adapts or develops appropriate communication resources for all interactions both formal and informal.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates customer informational needs by identifying and seeking out information of interest.
- Leverages relationships for effective collaborative opportunities between DSI and external customers
- Identifies and establishes relationships with relevant new and previously untapped managed care or other types of customers regionally and nationally to create collaborative relationships
- Is conversant and credible in product and clinical knowledge, and in all of the following disciplines: outcomes research methodology, epidemiology, health outcomes, disease management, population health management, health economics, and Pharmacoeconomics
- Stays on top of information and anticipates pharmaceutical industry and healthcare market place changes, shares this information with others proactively
- Is sought out by colleagues and customers as an expert resource in at least one of the disciplines and begins to mentor/train others
- Makes meaningful connections and strategic recommendations to internal stakeholders and external customers
- Demonstrates influence among external customers by providing relevant outcomes related information and insights on key issues
- Anticipates trends that will impact DSI and brings forward these trends to facilitate a resolution
- Anticipates trends of external customers and helps address those issues as appropriate
- Uses deep understanding of the DSI business to develop new and different opportunities for engagements between external customers and the organization
- Sought out by headquarters for expert input and opinions on VBDMs and major customers
- Seeks opportunities for projects to increase skills and advance personal development
- Is supportive of others during times of change within the team and company
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.