Job ID: 218050
Location: CHANTILLY , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Principal Earned Value Management (EVM) Specialist to be responsible for defining and analyzing project/program and developer schedules, data and performance through the entire project and program life cycle for an exciting and innovative complex space and ground effort. The successful candidate will work both independently and in a team based environment.
This position requires an active TS clearance and will be located in Chantilly, VA.
EVM responsibilities and qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Apply EVM principles, theories, and methods to conduct assessments on program cost, technical and schedule baselines
- Perform complex analyses of projects/programs which include Earned Value Management (EVM) analysis, program schedule analysis, technical performance metrics analysis, and integrated performance and financial management analysis
- Perform value and schedule diagnostic/health assessments; trend analysis; realism analysis of status and remaining durations; correlation of schedule and cost performance analysis
- Identify key cost, schedule, and technical risk areas and translate the identified risk area into program schedule and cost impacts
- Assist in the evaluation of program execution, assessing the impact of developing trends and issues using appropriate methodologies to determine if the program is proceeding within available resources and remaining consistent with goals.
- Interact with customers and colleagues effectively when resolving problems
- Demonstrate leadership skills; work independently or as a team lead
- Apply communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues and present results to senior managers in a clear and concise manner.
- Apprise management and all program stakeholders of risk and progress issues early enough to be addressed
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years work experience strongly desired; 7+ years of related experience in systems engineering required
- Expert proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong background and experience defining and analyzing EVM of developers’ schedules and EVM data
- Knowledge and experience with space and ground systems
- Experience with detailed analysis
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to think-on-your-feet, adapt as situations change and make the best possible decisions with the information at hand
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Specific IC Customer experience
- Experienced with NEXT
- Experienced with FIRsT
- Experienced with Deltek CostPoint
- Current TS clearance with willingness and ability to upgrade
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.