Job Title: Preconstruction Electrical Estimator
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Forest Electric NJ is a subsidiary of EMCOR Group. We are proud of our position as one of New Jersey's leading single-source electrical construction and telecommunications services suppliers. With over 50 years of expertise in data center infrastructure, healthcare, substation, financial infrastructure, network design, structured cabling and electrical system design-build, installation and maintenance.
Forest Electric NJ seeks an experienced Preconstruction Electrical Estimator for its Edison, NJ location. The position is responsible for producing estimates for electrical power, lighting and low voltage electrical systems. Candidates with experience in electrical power, lighting and low voltage electrical systems, preferably with pharmaceuticals, hospitals and/or data centers are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Preconstruction Electrical Estimator is responsible for producing estimates for electrical power, lighting and low voltage electrical systems
- Provide Knowledge and expertise of electrical and low voltage estimates systems
- Take an active part in preparing quantity take-offs of electrical systems
- Prepare detailed estimates including assigning material and labor values to take-offs
- Acquire vendor pricing on specialty materials, equipment and systems
- Assist in the lead estimate review; periodically follow-up with personnel to review cost trends, forecast (or bids) versus the final estimate
- Evaluate and assist with subcontractor and vendor scope and pricing review
- Take an active role in the preparation, review and recommendation of contract scope changes and field related change orders
- Participate and coordinate in project kick-off and turn-over meetings
- Assist project management and engineering as it relates to certain projects and will partner with other employees as needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally required to commute to field locations for job walks and meetings
- Regular, predictable and reliable onsite attendance is an essential function of the position
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Position Requirements
- 2 - 5 plus years experience in estimating commercial electrical construction projects
- Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited College or University preferred
- Demonstrated experience in electrical power, lighting and low voltage electrical systems, preferably with pharmaceuticals, hospitals and/or data centers
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects, and work with minimal supervision
- Experience in hard-bid contract work as well as conceptual estimating
- Working knowledge of ConEst estimating software is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to construction job site locations and navigate around construction job site locations.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and is also required to travel to construction job site locations as needed.
While visiting job site locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Company requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.