Job Title: Electrical Estimator & Project Manager
Location: Bartlett, Tennessee (Greater Memphis)
Reports to: Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: May 11, 2021
Established in 1985, Lowrie Electric provides comprehensive electrical contracting and maintenance services for a full range of industries. As an experienced single-source provider, we have the capabilities to furnish, install, and maintain virtually any electrical system or combination of systems. Our sound management and extensive pre-construction services enable us to coordinate the diverse resources required for mission critical and other construction projects. Our Design-Build/Design-Assist services, detailed budgeting, and value engineering help us meet fast-track schedules and produce significant cost savings. We specialize in the design and installation of reliable and flexible data and telecommunications cabling infrastructure, built to deliver data over a variety of transmission technologies. We also have significant expertise with fire detection services, providing fire protection systems that are tailored to meet the unique requirements of client facilities as well as stringent National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
Lowrie Electric is seeking an Electrical Estimator/Project Manager to join our team in Bartlett, Tennessee. The Estimator focus of this role is responsible for estimating and providing management with detailed pricing for development of bid quotations and bid packages. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in preparing cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. The ideal candidate may specialize according to a particular service performed or type of product manufactured. The Project Management focus of this role is responsible for planning, directing, or coordinating activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. He or she will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Review contract and bid documents; review and understand scope for project turnover
- Attend walk-throughs, pre-bid and scope clarification meetings
- Quantitative take-off and computer entry
- Prepare scope letters and proposals
- Maintain relationships with customers, General Contractors, vendors and subcontractors
- Ability to perform design/build, conceptual and budget estimates
- Coordinate the efforts of junior and staff-level resources in performing take-offs, issuing bills of material to vendors and obtaining subcontractor quotes
- Ensure documents are centrally saved in the company's drive within the confidential estimating folder(s)
- Assist project managers with takeoffs and pricing changes in work
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to the Vice President with recommendation for resolution.
- Comply with all Company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the company or as directed by executives.
- Ensure all project document control is completed efficiently by project team, including but not limited to, insurance, bonding, permits, submittals, RFI's, change orders, correspondence, etc.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, environmental regulations, or other regulations.
- Select subs and equipment suppliers with input from purchasing as required.
- Verify correct drawings are distributed to field.
- Create schedule of values, or billing format as required by the contract documents.
- Create project schedule showing completion, delivery dates and sub requirements. Integrate into overall project and manpower schedule as required. Understand notice requirements.
- Request PO's for major equipment and subs indicating shipping requirements, and anticipating delivery dates. (Request proper delivery notice at that time.)
- Facilitate material takeoffs by trade foreman.
- Collaborate with foreman regarding project safety. (Toolbox talks and weekly walk through.)
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lowrie Electric requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to [obtain/show proof of] a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Lowrie Electric is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years Estimating/Project Management related experience in the construction industry, preferably in electrical industry
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor of Science in and/or Master of Science in engineering or construction related field from an accredited College or University desirable.
- Knowledge of the construction industry, preferably in the Memphis TN Tri State Area, and contract documentation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with Accubid or similar estimating program.
- Familiarity with project management/document control software.
- Familiarity with construction/financial software packages.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must possess ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to commute to field locations to accurately perform takeoffs. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.