EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: The maintenance technician will complete required PM and repairs on the client's facility equipment. This position will be crossed trained and utilize a "flow to the work" concept. The successful technician will be an excellent communicator and have exceptional follow up capabilities. The technician will exhibit an ownership attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance activities on facility following written instructions. PM activities include measurement of wear, replacement of expendables (i.e. belts, hoses, fluids, filters, etc.) and inspection/evaluation of operating characteristics such as speeds, pressures, vacuum, or vibration.
- Analyzes findings during PM and recommends changes to PM content based upon findings. Documents PM activities within the CMMS.
- Completes assigned work orders and documents completion within the CMMS.
- Completes repairs including rebuilding of pumps, steam traps, valves, electrical and pneumatic solenoid devices
- Completes general building repairs, including repair and painting of walls, doors, floors, etc. Completes repairs to plumbing system including fixing leaks and stoppages, repairs or replacement of sinks, piping, valves or drains.
- Repairs and maintains controls, lighting, and electrical distribution systems.
- Replaces lighting components, ceiling tiles, and grid throughout the buildings. Performs shift "rounds" using a checklist to document performance characteristics (i.e., operation modes, pressures, temperatures, RPM, etc.) of facility systems and equipment.
- Communicates directly with the customer and site lead in assuring that all aspects of a work request are understood, that parts must be ordered, or that requested completion date will be delayed for any reason not discovered during the conversion of the work request into a work order.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels, MCC circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Maintains building lighting, task lighting on furniture systems, parking lot lighting, lighting contactors, emergency lights/exit lights, 120 volt outlets, photoelectric eyes for exterior building lighting and lighting contactors that are controlled by the energy management system.
- Performs PM & repairs on dock equipment - Overhead doors, dock levelers, dock locks and seals.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Site Manager.
- Two or more years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Fork truck operator's license, JLG operator's license preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions operating and maintenance instructions, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one -on-one and small group situations of customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 70 pounds. Do equipment inventory at roof level. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus, determine full range of colors in work areas, drawings and mapping. Ability to move about commercial properties and construction sites, through tight passageways and corridors.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee could be exposed to moving mechanical parts and may work in high precarious places; the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee may work in an environment where the following safety equipment's are needed; steel toecap shoes, hearing protection, hardhat eye protection and hair protection. Abide by all safety guidelines including OSHA regulations, lock-out/tag-out, etc. Work schedule can be affected by production, downtime and many other variables. Candidates should be extremely flexible with non-customary schedules and weekend work. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate or low.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer