Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION CENTER (I & II)
Compensation Base: $20.66/HR
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, performs plumbing related work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete each work.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- Performs plumbing, piping, boiler repairs, installation of washbasins and toilet facilities, and any other work pertaining to facility plumbing/boiler systems.
- May occasionally perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May occasionally perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintains records of repairs.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.