The Plastics Engineer will provide subject matter expertise in the development and manufacture of injection molded plastic consumables in support of sustaining, process improvement and NPI projects. The engineer will lead projects, in coordination with external suppliers, to develop/qualify production tooling, perform metrology of molded parts, and conduct process validation studies. Additionally, the engineer will manage relationships with suppliers, procurement, and the site operations team to optimize the process with respect to quality, capacity and productivity savings.
- Lead projects relating to the development and optimization of plastic consumables used in Zoetis' diagnostic products.
- Manage suppliers of injection molded plastic consumables throughout the design, development and qualification of new molds, ensuring that deliverables and project timelines are met.
- Provide direction to suppliers of injection molding tools to ensure that the tools are fabricated according to design requirements.
- Conduct studies of molded parts, including metrology and functional testing, to assure specifications for the consumable components are achieved.
- Evaluate alternate resins and resin sources to ensure business continuity.
- Conduct risk assessments of consumables, injection mold tools and the molding process.
- Provide risk-based rationale for validation strategies, including acceptance criteria and sample sizes.
- Develop and execute protocols and reports to qualify new tools and validate the molding process.
- Collaborate with site operations on projects to increase production capacity or deliver productivity savings of consumable components.
- Collaborate with R&D and Manufacturing on projects to introduce new mold tools which ensure design for manufacturability of new products or enhancements on existing consumables.
- Collaborate with procurement to identify and qualify new vendors.
- Provide subject matter expertise to troubleshoot and assess root cause for quality deviations that occur during manufacturing operations.
- Support continuous improvement projects.
- Working very closely with VMRD, Manufacturing, QA, QC, Procurement, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs and Commercial organizations
- May need to manage external supply relationships with CMO organizations
- Expected to work with minimal supervision at this level
- Makes decisions that require developing new options to resolve complex problems.
- Works independently; gathers input from colleagues and management to address issues at team/function/portfolio area level.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may be in a team or project leadership role. Ensures that the projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Identifies and develops activities/projects to support short- to mid-term operational goals.
Accountable for ensuring projects are managed to the project budget
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Materials Science or equivalent years of experience in consumable manufacturing.
- Relevant advanced degree or training/certification in manufacturing preferred.
- >5 years experience in injection molded plastic consumables, preferably in diagnostics or biodevice industries.
TECHNICAL SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge/experience in medical grade polymers and microfluidics are pluses
- Understanding of cGMP
- Application of Lean Manufacturing tools
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Statistical analysis, including DOE, is a plus
- Able to influence others with data-driven decisions
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in English
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.