DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time.
ThePlantLeadleadsa multi-skilled workforce that is moving DCP Midstream into the future. Our Plant Operations leadersoversee and direct operations for a group of skilled technicians overseeing ourgas processing plants.Directsothers and lead projects while ensuringthe safe and compliant operation of our facilities.Developsturnaround packages,safejobplans, and have heavy interaction with multiple work groups and disciplines.Leadsby example through sound work execution, troubleshooting, and a commitment toDCP's Start Safe, Finish Safe culture. This role will also act as the Plant Supervisor in their absence.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Delegates and prioritizes work as necessary
- Gathersand trendsoperational performance data
- Optimizesprocessing throughout the facility and maintainsproper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant andleads team to completeappropriate corrections
- Assistsplant repair personnel with maintenance including changing filters for air, oil, amine, etc. and repair work on methanol and chemical pumps
- Engages in and developssafety inspections, writeshot work permits, writessafe work permits, writesbypass permits,conductslab testing and other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Assistswith housekeeping and cleanup routines throughout the plant
- Identifiesissues in the plant and entersMaximo job orders
- ConductsSpill Prevention Countermeasures and Control (SPCC) reporting and monitoring environmental compliance
- Performslock out/tag out procedures and may monitor field compressor statusthrough the use ofSCADA
- Attainsskills to input spill reports, blow down reports, flare report, AVO\'s reports and other operational data
- Understandsand complieswith environmental regulations,documentsand reportsreadings as dictated by permit
- Reads, usesand understandsPFD's, P&ID's and Plot Plans.
- Performstrucking loading and unloading procedures/requirements including tanks, valves, pumps, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance withthePlantProcess Safety Management (PSM)program.Ensures all plant personnel are trained on program requirements. Coordinates with other departments, such as Engineering, to ensure all program documentation remains up to date and reflects changes in the plant.
- Integral in the development of fellow employees through direct feedback and interaction with the Plant Supervisor.
- High school degree or GEDand/or equivalent experience
- A minimum of3years related experiencein agasprocessing environmentrequired althoughnewemployees typically have4-6years'experience
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Must be able to respond to call outs as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able to work while wearing requiredPPEand coach teammates on proper use of PPE
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.Primary Location:
Oct 4, 2021, 12:00:00 AMRecommended Skills
- Process Safety Management
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Environmental Compliance
- Oil And Gas
- Interpersonal Skills
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Le Grange, TX, TXJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you\'re the perfect candidate?