Title: Plant Operator
Location: Tilden, Texas area
Position Summary: This position monitors the flows, pressures, and specifications of a natural gas processing plant or CO2 plant. The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position but is not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary.
- Operates plant facilities various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: cryogenic plant processing, hydrocarbon fractionation units, process controls, and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas-fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities
- Operate the assigned plant equipment to ensure the safe, efficient operation of the plant. This includes proper adjustments of operating conditions and process troubleshooting.
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes appropriate corrections
- Safely perform plant startup, shutdown, and respond to plant emergencies.
- Maintain established plant or equipment logs as required.
- Perform lockout/tag-out procedures and may monitor field compressor status with SCADA
- Maintenance coordination, management of change, and procedure updating as required.
- Implement all plant Health, Environmental, Safety, and Security procedures such as emergency response, safe work procedures, Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control (SPCC) reporting and monitoring environmental compliance, and wear all required PPE.
- The monitor safety performance of the plant and non-plant personnel and correct deficiencies as appropriate.
- Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Windows environment
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
- Understanding of Business fundamentals
- Ability to implement cost-effective solutions
- Technical Skills related to math and analytical thinking
- Understanding of Importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Walking, bending, stooping is required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including the use of a respirator.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
About Us The Danos Difference
- 2+ years Oil & Gas Plant or CO2 Plant experience preferred
- Working knowledge of gas plant operations preferred
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid US Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
Team up with Danos, and be a part of one of the safest and best-performing companies in the business.
The Danos name means more than just outstanding performance for our customers. To our growing base of over 1,500 employees, it also means an opportunity to help keep production of energy moving.
Our company culture focuses on the values of integrity, improvement, service, respect and an uncompromising emphasis on safety in the workplace. And part of that is making sure every project goes as planned, every work environment meets the highest industry standards and enforcing a policy of fairness and overall diversity throughout our team.
We're always looking to add new, results-driven employees to our workforce. No matter your level of experience, no matter where you are, the right job could be waiting for you at Danos. In addition to stability and competitive wages, benefits of working with Danos also include sustainable health benefit packages, 401K company match and global opportunities. If you're ready to bring the dedication, we'll bring the training, resources and support for career success.