Primary Purpose of Position:
Supports the Supply Chain Function for the Food & Aerosol (F&A) plant.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for weekly scheduling of production.
- Support L2L ekanban
- Responsible for coordinating delivery of all raw materials needed for production.
- Responsible for accurate and timely input of all inventory related transactions including daily production and usage verification.
- Maintain tracking and reporting of schedule attainment.
- Responsible for plant associated bill of material accuracy. Along with maintaining and updating the item-site planning maintenance in QAD.
- Assist the warehouse supervisor with inventory status of finished goods and packaging materials. Including assistance with annual physical inventory.
- Perform weekly inventory cycle counts.
- Perform monthly cycle counts of outside warehouse
- Support shipping department during staffing shortfalls / vacations
- Ensures that all company property is properly maintained.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the warehouses and related areas.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Accountable for the identification, disposition, and necessary follow-up of slow moving, aged, and/or surplus inventories.
- May provide training to others on an as needed basis.
- Facilitates meetings with internal personnel, other plants, and customer service to coordinate activities between manufacturing plants.
- Review and update the monthly Supply Chain scorecard.
- Provides MFG/PRO assistance to other plant personnel.
- Any other job related duties deemed necessary by direct manager.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 1 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Manufacturing principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- Logistics management, production planning, manufacturing environment, financial management, business principles and practices
- Microsoft Excel, MFG/PRO
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard production planning techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Sonoco Metal Packaging manuals.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.