Job Title: Pipefitter
Location: Raleigh, NC
Reports to: Construction Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: July 2022
Bahnson Environmental Specialties (BES) designs and manufactures a diverse product line of controlled walk-in and reach-in environmental chambers suited for an array of applications across multiple industries. With well over 100 years of combined experience in the environmental room market, our engineering team designs the most reliable, stable, and redundant solutions available today. As such, each BES chamber is meticulously designed to satisfy even the most stringent field-performance tests.
In the pharmaceutical market, we have become a recognized leader in stability room design and construction by focusing on meeting and exceeding the ranges and uniformities set by the International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH). We also supply universities, medical schools, museums, and industrial customers with rooms requiring uniformly dependable temperature and humidity conditions for manufacturing, storage, and testing applications. Delivering superior quality, exceptional workmanship, and end-to-end services designed for maximum performance and reliability, BES is the country's most versatile and respected providers of environmental rooms.
The Pipefitter will work under the guidance of a Field Superintendent or Project Manager and will primarily work on fitting and brazing copper pipe. This is a travelling position and 2.5 week travel rotations out of state are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cut pipe to specifications using hand tools.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by brazing, and soldering.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, using brackets, clamps, or tools.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Assist with constructing environmental chambers using both hand and power tools.
- Other related duties could be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of fitting and brazing copper pipe
- 2+ years of commercial construction experience (including piping, carpentry and refrigeration)
- Mechanical piping experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration preferred
- Universal EPA certification preferred
- Universal Refrigeration certification preferred
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Most projects will be located in the Eastern U.S, and must be willing to travel out of state as needed for 2.5 week rotations.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and documentation
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
None requiredREQUIRED ATTRIBUTES
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect travel to field locations per project basis
While working in field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.Bahnson Environmental Specialties Inc.
requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Bahnson Environmental Specialties Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.Notice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.