The Physical Therapist will assist patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities. Treats disabled patients using standard physical therapy therapeutic interventions such as heat, cold, electricity, traction, ultrasound and exercise. Evaluates patient motor and neurological capabilities and adapts physical therapy program as appropriate.
The Physical Therapist will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Physical Therapist will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Physical Therapist:
- Evaluates patient's physical and functional status including muscular strength, motor functions, reflexes, ambulation skills and ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Observes and interviews patient, reviews medical history, and administers sensory tests, muscle tests, range-of-motion exams, and other evaluation techniques.
- Determines suitability for treatment based on patient evaluation results, including such physical therapy treatment modalities as whirlpool, ultrasounds, massage, biofeedback, paraffin and prosthetics/orthotics and/or monitors or administers the application of treatment.
- Establishes therapy goals, and formulates a treatment plan including exercise, modalities, balance activities, and gait training.
- Discusses evaluation, goals, and treatment with patient and family and instructs them on the exercise program and in use of equipment.
- Participates in patient discharge planning including developing an in-home program when appropriate.
- Documents patient evaluation and progress, maintaining records for physicians and insurance carriers.
- Determines and orders appropriate devices necessary to assist patients in performing physical activities such as wheelchairs, canes, crutches and prosthetic and orthopedic devices.
- May participate in the Department education program by teaching and supervising students.
- Participates in research projects as needed.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to assigned Clinical Manager, Therapy Manager-Innovation Center, Therapy Manager-AbilityLab.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.