THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE
The incumbent in this position is responsible for collecting and preparing specimens for laboratory analysis.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Collects and prepares patient specimens to include blood, urine, sputum, and cultures. Coordinate specimen collection with physicians and/or nursing staff when draws must be taken from patients with central lines, groshong catheters and IV assisted draws.
• Adhere to established guidelines and procedures for accurate patient and specimen identification, identifying non-compliance situations and take the necessary steps to bring situation into compliance.
• Utilize computerized systems to enter laboratory orders, patient charges, generate reports, answer inquiries and resolve problems.
• Coordinate with physicians, nursing staff and other health care providers for clarification of orders, laboratory tests available, test result turn around times, and for coordination of laboratory special procedures involving other health care providers.
• Refers questions regarding types of tests being performed and other aspects of care to the appropriate health care provider. Provides instructions to patients regarding specimen collection to be completed in the home environment. Coordinate with patients and physicians regarding collection errors and initiate appropriate follow-up measures to correct errors.
• Provide back up to laboratory client services position on days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays and as needed. Duties include answering phones, requisition entry, routing patient orders, e.g., add-on orders, and preparation of specimens for testing.
• Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and a neat, orderly and clean work area.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
New York, New York
Posted 44 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!