** $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS! **
The Phlebotomist is responsible for receiving patients, gathering patient registration information, ordering tests, generating specimen labels, and escorting patients to phlebotomy services. The Phlebotomist performs phlebotomy on all patient populations and is responsible for performing a variety of semi-technical and clerical tasks involving specimen receiving, sorting, data entry, record retrieval, filing, typing envelopes, and responding to telephone inquiries for results, testing, general information, and routing of other calls.
This position is part of the 1199SEIU Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Phlebotomy Supervisor and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a phlebotomy training program strongly preferred
- Six (6) months direct phlebotomy experience or completion of a 40-hour clinical rotation, preferably at Cooley Dickinson Health Care (CDHC), preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and telephone skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, take initiative, make independent decisions, and maintain organized working conditions (even in stressful situations) required
- Must be competent in phlebotomy skills/competency checklist by end of introductory period or position will be forfeited
- Clerical experience including medical terminology required, preferably in a laboratory setting
- Reliable transportation for assignments outside of the hospital required
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
This job has expired.