At Meta Reality Labs, we are developing the future of AR/VR technologies. As a Display Image Processing leader, you will drive display subsystem requirements and image processing algorithm development for upcoming AR/VR products. The ideal candidate would have a background in image processing and display engineering. Experience working with a cross-functional team of silicon, graphics, perceptual science, display system, and product management partners is a requirement. The ideal candidate will have management and cross functional relationship experience. Must have a strength in creating and presenting architecture documents while also managing teams to leverage their expertise to bring the best results.
Perceptual Display & Systems Solutions Engineer Responsibilities:
- You will be working on incubating new ideas in the AR/VR space around graphics, imaging systems and display pipelines with a central theme of perception and how it can be implemented in anticipated products. The goal is to modify existing and available components and pipelines that are near term viable and optimize them towards making a product that will deliver a spectacular imaging experience.
- Deliver perceptually-optimal display correction pipelines for implementation in custom silicon.
- Drive development of display subsystem requirements to support product experience specifications.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, silicon, graphics, and display teams to implement pipeline models, simulate end-to-end pipeline performance, and drive system-level tradeoff decisions.
- Develop novel image processing algorithms for improved power efficiency.
- Understand and assist silicon design, power and size tradeoffs on algorithms.
- Design and deliver prototypes to show demos of these concepts.
- PhD in vision science, perceptual psychology, optics, computational imaging, biomedical engineering, or a related field with an emphasis on perceptual modeling, psychophysics, and/or metrics evaluating perceptual performance with 5+ years of experience or MS with 7+ years or BS with 9+ years of experience.
- Experience in image processing pipeline implementations.
- At least 5+ years of industry experience in Display Engineering or a related field.
- Experience working with cross-functional HW/SW teams on image processing algorithm implementation and system-level tradeoffs.
- Experiencing delivering display designs and products.
- Proficiency in MATLAB or C/C++.
- Knowledge of the human visual system and color science.
- Understanding of typical image processing algorithms.
- Experience in managing production-level tradeoffs in typical image pipelines.
- Background in developing custom image processing silicon.
- Experience in new technology development roadmapping, prototyping, and evaluation for novel display systems.
- Experience developing AR/VR or other novel display systems.
- PhD or Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics or a related field.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.