North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multi-specialty physicians group north of Boston, is a leader in innovative practices. We are explorers at heart! Here, ideas come from everyone-to the benefit of everyone we serve.
We continually seek the best ways to streamline care for both patients and providers. Our medical team of more than 400 physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other care professionals is consistently working together to discover new ways to improve and enhance our practices to benefit the health of our patients and the careers of our providers. Through our team-based approach, the goal is to make our practice of medicine smarter and more efficient.
With NSPG as your employer, you'll experience clinical excellence, supportive practice environments, and opportunities for career advancement!
We are located at 480 Lynnfield St, Lynn, MA. As an Internal Medicine office, we provide physical examinations, routine health screenings, and preventative care for adults. This office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Are you ready to bring your exceptional skills to this innovative practice and join us in driving medicine forward?
The Infusion Nurse will:
- Document all assessments, teaching activities, nursing care, response to therapy and status of disease process
- Provide comprehensive clinical therapeutic infusion services to patients in a controlled medical setting.
- Initiate IV access and ensure patency and luminal placement of IV access device. Nurse will also discontinue therapy and remove access device when therapy is concluded. Infusions may include biologic and non-biologic therapeutic agents.
- Assess patient prior to therapy. Assessment to include a brief physical assessment, mental assessment, recent changes in health status, current vital signs, and overall well being of the patient.
- Provide reconstitution of medications and dose calculation of medications based on physician orders.
- Regulate and titrate the flow rate of the medication and monitor the patient continuously for adverse effects during and shortly after the therapy.
- Respond appropriately to any adverse events and provide physician-ordered therapeutic interventions for any adverse events. Informs physician of any changes to patient's condition during the infusion process.
- Provide written documentation of the infusion therapy and all nursing or medical interventions associated with the infusion process
- Provide feedback to the ordering physician when necessary and provide education and instructions to the patient when appropriate.
- Assist administrative staff with information necessary for billing and coding of services and assist with patient scheduling of subsequent infusion services.
- Licensure: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing Program or Associates or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or school of nursing.
- Experience: 5+ years experience is required, plus a minimum of one year of IV related experience.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.