A member of Mass General Brigham Community Physicians, Pentucket Medical has been providing extraordinary healthcare to the residents of the Merrimack Valley for 50 years. With the latest in diagnostics, technology and research, we proudly offer unparalleled acute, chronic, and wellness care to our patients. Our primary care and specialty teams include more than 55 physicians, 40 nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and over 300 clinical and administrative support staff. With five sites located in the Merrimack Valley, Pentucket Medical provides access to care 7 days a week.
Our continued dedication to clinical excellence, focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and generous employee offerings, such as our competitive benefits package, allow our professionals to build an exciting career as we all work together to positively impact the health of our patients. Bring your talent to MGB Community Physicians and find out just how far it can take you! Are you ready to join our team?
We are seeking a per diem Histotechnician to support endocrinology, pathology, and GI at our Haverhill and Andover locations, preparing slides for patient diagnosis.
- Perform duties such as embedding, staining, cutting, and THIN prep, assuring quality preparation of specimens for pathology and clinicians.
- Correctly perform routine staining per pathologist direction and guidelines.
- Process a variety of fluids for cytological evaluation by pathologists.
- Maintain all equipment per manufacturers guidelines and utilize third party service engineers to troubleshoot issues effectively.
- Keep testing area's neat and clean, disinfecting daily and as needed.
- Prepare solutions as needed and perform special procedures under the direction of the Pathologists.
- Notify Pathologists, Lab Manager/DOAS when back log is approaching critical levels.
- Document all logs and keep records on all QC and disposal of hazardous waste per EPA guidelines.
- Work with purchasing team making certain supplies and chemicals are available and in stock as needed.
- Make certain all waste is removed per EPA guidelines and documented as necessary.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and HPI as required.
- Education: Per National Society of Histology standards, we require certification of HT or HLT unless exempt. Those eligible will be asked to certify within 90 days of employment.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years as a Histologist.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.