Job Code and Payroll Title
009249 PHARMACIST PD
Under supervision, per diem pharmacists are engaged in a wide range of duties required to maintain an efficient and secure pharmacy distribution system. These duties include purchasing, storing, securing, evaluating quality of dispensing, compounding and furnishing medications and devices in a variety of settings. Per diem pharmacists may assist in the supervision and instruction of pharmacy assistants, student interns, residents, and colleagues in the course of their day-to-day responsibilities.
However, per diem pharmacists do not have formal supervisory responsibilities nor do they have primary or consistent responsibility for pharmacy students in clerkships. They have no overall management responsibility for specific organized pharmacy programs, but may have designated responsibility for limited components of the drug-use control operation. Incumbents spend the majority of annualized work time in functions related to basic drug-use control and pharmaceutical care.
Pediatric Pharmacist, Per Diem
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX)
Allied Health, Pharmacy
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations.
- Maintain exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with patients, pharmacists and other healthcare personnel and administrators.
- Flexible; able to cope with rapid change; comfortable with an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain effective organizational, management and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and evaluate programs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to effectively participate in and develop a team.
- Demonstrated clinical pharmacy skills and knowledge.
- Pharm.D. Degree
- Experience in a medical center/hospital setting
- Completion of an ASHP- accredited residency and/or fellowship
- Active license to practice Pharmacy in the State of California; must be in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
Per DiemDepartment Name
Pharmacy - Mission Bay MedsEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
The Department of Pharmaceutical Services at UCSF has long been nationally recognized as one of the founding fathers for clinical pharmacy services, which was established in 1965. Today, the department continues to lead the profession through the integration of advanced technology & robotics, comprehensive pharmaceutical care and clinical services.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Mission Bay (SF)
This job has expired.