RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT, DEDICATED TEAM, & GROWING COMPANY
The Payroll Operations Team Lead will oversee and supervise the North American payroll functions for US and Canada, ensuring that pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This role is responsible for the coordination of payroll processing operationsfor team and monitoring workflow, team assignments and processing deadlines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee, review, and approve US and Canada Payroll based on payroll procedures and established controls. Act as a back-up for payroll processing when required.
- Assist in planning and coordinating all aspects of daily payroll processing operations including major events such as merit, bonus payments including Equity Payments.
- Payroll Approval - Reviews and approves payroll before it gets processed for payment ensuring appropriate back up documentation is provided for each transaction.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll change updates, auditing new hires, terminations, special pay, pay rate changes, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Create standard operating procedures and processes related to the preparation, processing and auditing of payroll runs.
- Reports - As requested, prepare reports on employee pay, commissions and Bonuses; time off, leave pay, taxes withholdings, deductions, and garnishments.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve all payroll issues. Assist the team in responding to all payroll related inquiries and ensure all requests are responded to timely.
- Compliance - Responsible for payroll compliance and maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations, contracts, policies, procedures
- Audits - facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditor when required
- Completes performance management with direct reports by conducting weekly 1x1 meetings and quarterly check-ins
- Participates in the recruiting of new talent including interviews, and onboarding of new staff in the department.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Four years of experience in payroll processing required with two years in a supervisory or management role preferred.
HelpSystems is passionate about making life easier for modern organizations and improving the lives of our customers. As a seven-time Star Tribune Top Workplace we are dedicated to making our employees happy by offering great benefits, fun company culture, and transparency from our leadership team. When working at HelpSystems you will have the opportunity for an upbeat office environment with A LOT of perks, such as professional development, equity program, employee recognition programs, and more!
Check out our website to learn more about HelpSystems and apply by visiting our Careers page. We encourage you to check out our Glassdoor page as well.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
This job has expired.