ADP is hiring an Payroll Solutions Specialist -- Level I. The Payroll Solutions Specialist supports Major Accounts Comprehensive Services Client users with Comp Payroll on WFN, PayX, ezLM, Portal, HRB and related applications by providing guidance and research in response to a wide variety of questions and issues presented by Client Payroll Administrators. The person in this role will use multiple tools and research resources in order to develop an accurate and comprehensive response to a wide range of inquiries regarding payroll practices and tax considerations, taking into account the differences across states and localities. Due to the nature of the Comprehensive Services business, the person in this role will also interface with multiple ADP service organizations as well as third party vendors that provide services to our Clients. To support a unified Client experience, they will also have familiarity with common HR questions and will access systems in other service organizations and other knowledge bases. This person also works closely with the Comprehensive Services Relationship Manager to address Client requests for guidance and best practices. The Payroll Support Representative will also be assigned to a specific group of Clients for the purpose of providing proactive updates and information.
- Client Facing with Assigned Comp Payroll Client Base
- Handles Inbound Client Calls
- Primary Relationship Owner for Comp Payroll Clients
- PR Processing & WFN/AutoPay Payroll Technology Support
- General PR, HR & Benefit Questions and Issue Troubleshooting
- Special Client Projects
- Highly Proactive Outbound Contact
- Consultative Payroll Support and Best Practices
Partners with Payroll Processing Representative
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values:Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Respond to questions from Clients regarding the use of the WFN, PayX, ezLM, Portal, and HRB applications. Provides application/navigation support.
- Supports Clients with Client data maintenance, setup, configuration changes in AutoPay Mainframe, WFN, ezLM, HRB and the Portal and coordinates with all functional areas (e.g. PTO, Special Calcs, Time and Attendance schedule, 401k, etc.) as needed.
- Performs new feature setup requests (e.g. Group Term Life, HSA, direct deposit calcs, special calcs, Benefit Accruals, Multi-J, split wraps, add'l locations, etc.).
- Assists and supports Clients with Payroll processing questions and issues and collaborates with Payroll Processing Representative to communicate updates, changes or issues from Clients to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
- Use on-line tools and other resources to research and respond to Client inquiries requiring guidance on how to address a wide variety of payroll, pay practice and payroll tax questions and situations.
- Collaborates with internal Clients/Partners (401k, FSA, Tax, etc.) and/or third party vendors involved in providing services to identify and resolve issues and ensure that these services meet Client expectations.
- Escalates Client issues to SSS, Tech Services, Project Services, Connections Team, Carriers, Development or other 3rd parties as appropriate. Communicates status and resolution to Client.
- Completes complex projects including:
- Calculation updates, special reports, tax amendments, company setup, troubleshooting.
- PTO, OT, Double Time, etc. researches historical data for adjustments needed.
- Researches Benefit Accruals recalculates and imports corrections
- Assists Client with tax changes for understanding, conducts research and follow-ups as needed.
- Works with RM to provide consultative support/ recommendations on optimizing utilization of product offerings. Participates in ongoing Client status calls and Implementation calls to review, understand and provide guidance on Payroll Setup and identify and resolve potential issues.
- Proactively communicates and reaches out to Client base to identify any upcoming Company changes/updates and collaborates with Clients to address any issues or concerns.
- Maintains CIT standard documentation for Clients - document needs to be continually updated based on Client details on payroll processing and should include Client expectations.
- Resolves issues from Quarter and Year-end error prevention notices by working with Client to determine corrections needed and generates details on changes needed for processing of additional payroll.
- Notifies Client Managers of tax related changes requiring employee level changes based on information provided from ADP Corporate for all Clients.
- Monitors Tax Registration Services once the Client is live - verifies tax registrations are live on statistical summary report and verifies that all jurisdictions are active and notifies Client as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Occasional extended hours during peak seasons. May work 5 - 10 hours of OT 6 - 8 weeks of the year.
- Primary Relationship Owner for Comp Payroll Clients with Consultative Proactive Contact
- Provides Payroll Processing & WFN/AutoPay Payroll Technology Support
- Supports General PR, HR & Benefit Questions and Issue Troubleshooting
- Capable of managing larger/more complex clients with more sophisticated PR requirements.
- Decisions made are based on established processes and procedures. Exceptions are referred to manager or senior team members.
- Uses more discretion and judgment
- Errors may result in P&I assessed by the government agencies.
Note: Based on the size of the client the P&I assessment is directly related to the actual dollar amount processed.
- Due to the nature of the data, any security breach would put ADP's brand name at risk.
- Errors may result in dissatisfied clients and potential lost revenue to ADP.
Contact (Internal & External):
Internal: work with other ADP Teams for escalations, issue resolution and collaboration with other service areas and collaboration with other service areas
External: ADP Client Contact
- May coach less senior Specialists and provide procedural guidance to support staff. May include stretch assignments, process improvement, and special projects.
Education Qualification: Bachelor's Preferred
Experience: 3 -- 5 years of automated multi-corporation, multi-state, payroll processing with basic knowledge of payroll tax principles plus age and hour laws.
In addition to the Level I Experience should also have:
- Have gained a strong working knowledge of all ADP systems that impact the payroll processing
- Advanced training and proficiency on complex topics (MRs, GLs, Benefit Accruals, Special Calcs, Amendments, ADPR, EZLM, ACA)
- Introduce additional features and /or tools
- Management Reports
- WEB services
- I HUB
- Advanced ADP Reporting
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Requires a high-level payroll knowledge including payroll skills for processing client payrolls. Accuracy and dependability important since errors or omissions can directly impact client associate paychecks, and errors in reporting can also lead to penalty and interest payments for ADP.
- Basic knowledge of payroll tax principles and wage and hour laws
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems through effective customer interface and communication
- Must be able to work under time constraints to ensure that deadlines are met
- Excellent Professional Customer Service Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Process and documentation skills
- Strong Research Skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel Proficiency in using PC
- Consultative Skills
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.