Be appreciated for a job well done. That is exactly what it is like working for the KOMAN family of companies. KOMAN Holdings, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Natives of Kodiak, an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC). KOMAN Holdings, through its subsidiaries, provides, environmental consulting services, construction, remediation, civil contracting, civil engineering, and timber and forest management. We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to support the Services Sector of our company. This position is based in Richland, Washington.
Grow your career with us! We will be in touch.
The Payroll Manager will manage employee data, ensure accuracy of timesheets, compute wages and ensure employees are paid accurately, on-time, and in compliance with government regulations.
In a typical day, the Manager can expect to do the following:
- Prepare and process weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for 2-3 companies.
- Work closely with HR to process new hires, terminations, status changes, rate changes and benefit deduction changes.
- Ensure that all employee timesheets are approved in timely manner and time-sheet data is processed accurately.
- Ensure that time records are accurate and that any inconsistencies or errors are resolved.
- Gather time records from employees and calculate hours worked and pay received for each employee accurately.
- Ensure all adjustments on pay rates and employee status changes are entered and accurate in all data systems.
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant, and timely manner.
- Reconcile payroll from in-house (MS Microsoft NAV) to outside Payroll Vendor (ADP Workforce Now)
- Provide instructions/training to employees regarding time clock system.
- Process and verify Certified Payroll Reports in a timely manner.
- Process and verify Health & Welfare Benefits and required reporting in a timely manner.
- Research and resolve payroll issues or discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Distribute and administer payroll and tax reports as instructed.
- Provide excellent customer service for all employees while answering employee questions about payroll, leave amounts, tax forms and other compensation issues when asked.
- Manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements.
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements.
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports.
- Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate account balances.
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll.
- Manage and resolve issues relating to payroll production.
- Effectively manage and develop payroll staff incorporating objective performance measures.
Top candidates for this role will have a bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; Master's degree is a plus. Certified Payroll Professional designation is preferred along with 5+ years of payroll related experience is required. Federal contracting experience with Davis Bacon and/or Service Contract Act experience is a strong plus multi-state, multi-company experience is preferred. Knowledge of accounting principles / practices. and in-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing. We expect our Payroll Manager to have knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal rules and laws and solid financial acumen. ADP Workforce Now (WFN) MS Dynamics NAV/Navison experience a plus along with Accounting Software proficiency.
We offer generous employee benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life/ disability, and 401k with match.
Join our growing team and apply today. We are an EOE.