Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Nursing Support/Patient Care
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Supplemental Staffing unit is a centralized staffing unit that deploys highly skilled nursing staff who have been oriented to the care and practice standards of hospital, to units with immediate staffing needs. We are currently seeking Patient Safety Assistants who are excited to work in a variety of care settings where you will be supporting the care and safety of our patients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Observes and monitors patient activities and condition
- Identifies changes in patient condition and notifies nurse in a timely manner
- Maintains visual observation at all times
- Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device staged in patient room
- Sets up, delivers, and maintains specialized clinical equipment
- Performs routine and delegated nursing procedures
8 and 12 hour day/night rotating shifts or straight nights; weekend work requiredQualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Six months healthcare experience; volunteer work in a health care setting may be considered.
- Completion of a certified training course for Nursing Assistants required
- Active Maryland Nursing Assistant Certification is required
- Active and valid BLS certification required upon hire
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital multidisciplinary team
and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our clinicians are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System requires all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status within 14 days of employment start. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons (more info will be shared throughout the hiring process).Important Notice: Authorization to Work in the United States:
Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/patient-safety-attendant-supplemental-staffing-unit-nursing-support-patient-care-johns-hopkins-hospital-nu-617234-7b795/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency