Job Title: Parts & Products Assistant
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Reports to: Parts & Products Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1st shift
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: June 2022
Bahnson Mechanical Systems has utilized its extensive mechanical engineering and construction experience to solve our client's most challenging problems for over 105 years. Based in the southeast, we are a premiere design-build mechanical contractor that serves the industrial, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and mission critical markets.
The Parts & Products Assistant supports the Parts & Products Manager and the Parts Sales Coordinator in the areas of product knowledge, inventory, purchasing, customer service, vendor relations, shipping and receiving, making deliveries and some light product assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains on and successfully learns the products manufactured by Bahnson Mechanical Services (BMS)
- Assists in some assembly of Bahnson Mechanical Services (BMS) components (5%)
- Provides technical support to customers by troubleshooting component issues or responding to questions on parts
- Takes and enters customer orders and issues sales orders
- Monitors inventory and reviews reports to determine ordering needs
- Assists with purchasing parts and components
- Coordinates and communicates with vendors
- Performs shipping and receiving duties
- Makes deliveries using a company vehicle
- Performs duties with a safety-conscience mindset
- May perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of purchasing experience
- Inventory management experience preferred
- Customer service experience
- Shipping and receiving experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurable driving record
Must have intermediate experience in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams), with an emphasis on working knowledge of spreadsheets in Excel and using basic formulasREQUIRED ATTRIBUTES
The requirements listed below are representative of the characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and commitment to company values.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must embrace the company's safety culture.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Candidates must be a self-starter and able to work independently, prioritize and multitask; must be able to skillfully manage and adhere to multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Support a team environment with a positive, can-do attitude.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customers, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.Notice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled