Under general supervision, performs basic level of work in prepping structures for paint processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Basic interpretation of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine prepping requirements.
* Inspects parts/structures after paint to ensure they meet all quality standards.
* Verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications.
* Perform basic filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the work piece being worked, including plugging holes and masking operations.
* Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all safety standards, procedures, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
* Adheres to all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* One (1) year of manufacturing experience, or automotive/aircraft refinishing experience a plus
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Articulate with use of good grammar skills.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
* Demonstrates sound judgment when following through with priorities.
* Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts with respect to job-related situations.
* Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S related performance teams.
* Writing skills required to complete documents and forms
* Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
* Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing, and ambiguous environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle IT Franklin is a clean facility housing different kinds of machinery, equipment, processes and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toe shoes in specific areas
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses in specific areas
* Hearing protection, in specific locations
* Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!