Start a new career in manufacturing! In this role, you'll support our high-speed manufacturing processes. Lots of growth opportunity!
Benefits start on day one of hire!
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts plus overtime
Shift: Should be able to work either 2nd or 3rd shift
Primary Purpose of Position:
Set-up, operate, and maintain high speed production machines. Perform tasks and provide manufacturing support to assist in the plant's safety, quality, and production goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Inspects related product throughout the shift and notifies shift production supervisor of any quality defects through both visual inspection and several detailed quality inspection procedures.
- Responsible for keeping work area and machinery clean and safe.
- May operate forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Enters production and quality information into production software.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts. Participates in teams and work groups with goal of continuous improvement.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
At Sonoco, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, an33 time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED) or through equivalent work experience.
- Through on-the-job training, able to gain and maintain working knowledge of all assigned equipment and products
- Some job related experience working in a production environment on high-speed equipment desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment complying with all safety and PPE rules and guidelines.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- May work in confined area(s) on a limited basis.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customer in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships, gains their trust and respect.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.