Grow your career with an industry leader & join this Dairy Processing Plant in Tulsa
Join the Prairie Farms family! We are a tight-knit group with a family feel. We are proud of who we are, where we come from and enjoy helping our community.
Our hard-working team is in need of an Order Assembly Picker/Loader in Tulsa. Ideal candidate will have a positive, "can-do" attitude with relevant warehouse and/or pallet jack experience.
Reporting into the Shipping Manager, the ideal candidate will be organized and forward thinking, with excellent time management and oral and written communication skills.
Prairie Farms offers the successful candidate a great wage and benefit package, career stability and opportunity for growth with a successful and secure company. We offer:
- Health insurance
- Vacation and Holidays
- Life Insurance
5:30pm - 2:00am Monday, Thursday, Friday
4:30am - 1:00am Wednesday
5:00pm - 1:30am Saturday
OFF Tuesday and Sunday
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately pull loads and record code dates using load sheet.
- Will be required to move pallets of boxed product with forklift and pallet jack.
- Must assemble according to customer specifications.
- Must be able to use pallet jack (we train)
- Must be able to accurately assemble/pick orders including boxes.
- Understand and apply proper product rotation procedures.
- Must be able to check orders with load sheet and scanner (we train)
- Legible and accurate paperwork to include loadout quantities, code dates and inventory.
- Efficiently use tape and labeler machine. Meet established productivity goals.
- Clean work area daily, including floors, walls, ceilings and drains bossy carts.
- Stock supplies into cooler from dry goods warehouse.
- Load trailers properly without damaging products or shorting order.
- Good handwriting and accurate record keeping.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Displays the ability to complete the work & be able to manage multiple tasks & prioritize his/her duties.
- Once trained, the individual must be a self starter who displays the ability to work job & hours with minimum direction from his immediate Supervisor.
- Exhibits common sense, sound judgment & respect for all Customers/ Co-workers in all initiatives.
- Applies the ability to listen, communicate and follow up effectively with Customers, Supervisors, Peers and Subordinates in written and verbal communication/reporting.
- Is able to work independently and produce results according to the specifics of the job description, Company goals and Department goals including the daily completion of accurate work.
- Learn & implement GOAL development for his position using SMART goal criteria.
- Is flexible to adapt to workflow situations.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED.
- A 2yr or 4yr degree is preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of relevant warehouse, stocking and loading and/or pallet jack experience.
- Food/beverage experience preferred but not required.
· Must be able to tolerate cold temperatures and allergen exposure to milk, cocoa and egg proteins.
- Must have full range of motion, be able to lift 50 pounds and drag 300 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or walk for 80% of the workday.
- Must have full range of motion and be able to bend, squat, climb and lift.
Potential/Existing Hazards -
- Chemical (CIP compounds including Caustics, acids and chlorinated cleaners, ammonia)
- Natural Gas
- Compressed Air