Our brand promise: To always deliver outstanding care and quality products to our patients in a way that helps them see their best and look great.
Insight Vision Center has been a leading provider of optometry services and vision care products in the Johnson County community since 2008. We offer comprehensive eye care services and specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, conditions, and problems. In 2019 Insight Vision joined the AEG vision family.
Insight Vision Center is an eye care provider that specializes in the most innovative ways to take care of our patients. On top of your annual eye exam, we can treat most eye infections and detect early onset of ocular disorders such as glaucoma, cataracts, and diabetic retinopathy.
Our staff prides themselves on customer service, and our opticians are experts that can help with all of your eyeglasses needs. We offer the latest technology in lenses and the hottest styles of frames.
About the Job
Optometric Technician work in conjunction with the doctors to perform activities involving patient care, pre-testing, post-exam duties, FDT testing and maintain the doctors appointment schedule in a manner that delivers a professional, pleasurable patient experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs preliminary evaluation of patients prior to exam by the OD, such as dilation, topicals, diagnostic medications, etc.
- Perform verbal interview with patient prior to visit with OD to determine medical issues and reasons for their visit for communication to OD prior to appointment
- Assists OD's to care for patients in a timely, effective manner, as closely to appointed schedule as possible
- Instruct patients on medical care as prescribed by the doctor's treatment plan and schedules follow up appointments as needed
- Discusses Lasik with patients and identifies patients interested in Lasik by reviewing patient information forms
- Schedules referral appointments with Ophthalmologists, Laser Center and completes appropriate paperwork
- Records and maintains patient records / files in compliance with company, federal, and state policies (HIPAA)
- Respond to patient's telephone inquiries regarding medication, treatment, problems referring to the OD as necessary
- Identifies candidates for FDT testing per company standards of care
- Completes proper coding of procedures for payment collection
- Participates in store meetings / projects as requested
- Ensures that maximum OD utilization occurs thru pre-appointment confirmation, daily appointment confirmation, contacting patients from recall listings, partnership with the manager's outreach, etc. (in an office without a PCC)
- Calls all no shows or cancelled patients to reschedule appointments (in an office without a PCC)
- Performs contact lens insertion and removal classes (I&R) and manages the contact lens trial inventory
- Performs end of day responsibilities to include opti-schedule wrap-up, end of day checklist, etc.
- Makes recommendations for efficiencies, processes, etc. which will deliver either quality, cost savings, and / or profitability improvements within the store and / or across the organization
- Performs other duties within the store as requested and as time allows
- High School or GED qualification
- Minimum 1-year experience evaluating patients for eye exams and dispensing eye exam medications
- Familiarity with medical terms associated with eye treatment
- Effective & professional verbal communication skills to discuss prescriptions and treatment plans
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with co-workers and outside vendors and prepare concise and accurate documentation
- Prior experience maintaining patients records / files per HIPAA regulations
- Entry level PC skills to include MC Office, Windows and Word Processing
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment, functioning for the good of the team over the individual
High School or Equivalent
Insight Vision Center-Prairie Village