Meta designs, develops, and builds all its own AR/VR and Portal HW products. The Strategic Sourcing team is responsible for spends from raw materials to the individual components on a board, to the final consumer end product. The team owns the commercial growth strategy, new technology enablement, and business relationships with various suppliers and manufacturing partners. The sourcing team moves fast and leverages key partnerships to drive technical innovation, high quality standards and cost-savings via a customized supply chain.Meta is seeking an Optical Engineering Technical Lead to drive and standardize the manufacturing measurement definition and tools and create disruptive value by influencing the product definitions, designs, and specifications for our organization, and manufacturing of our AR/VR hardware. In this role, you will be responsible for strategy of technical sourcing across our ecosystem, enabling the operational and technical performance of our technology and supplier base. Together with your team and numerous internal partners, you will play a critical role in introducing disruptive technologies and work with cross functional teams to enable those technologies in mass production with the right supply chain partners.
Optical Engineering Tech Lead Responsibilities:
- Explore and influence new technology development efforts with potential optical/lens manufacturing/equipment partners
- Initiate, explore and converge optical solutions to new technology investments, and help to create Technology Roadmaps that align to our Product Roadmaps with cross functional teams
- Assess and assist in formulating investments and unit cost modeling for emerging technologies that provides Meta with most optimum ROI direction
- Identify new technology firms, lead Supplier Plan of Record (SPOR), and ensure alignment with cross functional stakeholders through thorough engineering and technical due diligence
- Drive feasibility, verification and convergence of new optical technologies through early simulations, data collection, technical benchmarking, and prototype creation & evaluations
- Provide technical assessments of vendor capability gaps to assess risk and resource requirements for technology bring up
- Validate and influence supplier's technical specification to ensure they align with our design requirements in optics like Lens manufacturing, RX etc. Identify manufacturing feasibility in new technologies (materials, process, equipment, suppliers, testers, etc.) through methodology/process research, Design of Experiments, Proof of Concept, prototyping/demo units, and simulated analysis for the purposes of high-volume mass production/scale
- Champion novel technology transfer to manufacturing partners from R&D/development/prototype lines to ensure scalability
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel required
- 7+ years of designing and/or manufacturing experience in Optical field with focus on viewing optics, optical Lens design and manufacturing
- Experience introducing and standardizing multiple new technologies into the MP Experience driving cross functional projects
- Experience thinking strategically to support ideology with facts and data
- Experience articulating points of view with executive management and executing plans when directed
- M.S degree or equivalent work experience in the engineering field
- Hands-on experience in optical system development from concept to system validation
- Ph.D. degree
- Experience working across all layers of the organization, particularly with cross-functional teams, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience moving seamlessly from strategy to execution and deliver tangible results
- Experience influencing, negotiating, building consensus and making key strategic technology decisions
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.