A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Warehouse Operator 2 at MilliporeSigma, youwill be responsible for the receiving and shipping area to process both inbound and outbound materials. You will load and unload trailers as well as receiving inbound material into stock along with identifying where the material is to be staged on the site. You will also be prep shipping documents to go out to customers, reaching out to carriers to set pick-up times, and work with drivers to identify which material belongs to them. You will route or deliver material to storage or production areas.
- Wearing of appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
- The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold
- Siting, standing, walking, reaching above the shoulder, stooping, kneeling, twisting, crouching or crawling for long periods of time
- Utilize hearing, tasting and smelling to identify potential workplace hazards
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment; may lift more poundage with assistance
- Utilize vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/manufacturing equipment
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
1st Shift - Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PMWho You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year work experience
- Shipping regulation knowledge or experience
- Experience packing/shipping hazardous materials
- Basic PC skills
- Operate SAP and WMS systems
- Understand basic shipping regulations
- Ability to operate PCs, scanners, printers, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines, etc) and various cutting instruments
- Experience operating powered industrial trucks, and forklifts
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214217
Location: Sheboygan Falls
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.