Saputo -> Saputo Cheese USA
Operator Skilled, Production
Bardsley St., Tulare, CA 93274 US (Primary)
See Educational Requirements in Posting Below
To Be Determined
SCUSA Plant/Hourly Applicant (SCUSA only)
At Saputo, we make contributions that matter every day. We're a growing team of dedicated and passionate people around the world with a longstanding history of excellence. Each of our employees bring their best every day and together we create high-quality products our customers and consumers enjoy.To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
WHAT YOU WILL DO AT SAPUTO
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Previous experience in efficiently and effectively operating various equipment throughout the plant in production & CIP models, i.e. Hayssen, scale, Marsh printers, palletizers, cuber, etc.
- Monitors process parameters and reacts as needed.
- Effectively troubleshoots mechanical issues with maintenance assistance as needed.
- Complies with all quality system and regulatory requirements.
- Performs accurate documentation as required by position.
- Effectively communicates with internal customers.
- Ability to retain job knowledge over extended periods.
- Willingness to work different shifts & days off from week to week.
- Willingness to learn and to train others.
- Solid understanding of shred processing equipment.
- Coordinates breaks and lunches and hourly rotation process on production lines.
- Requires regular attendance.
- Requires that the work be performed only at the Bardsley site.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- May perform other job duties as required.
Must hold a valid forklift operator license.
Must have ability to operate all equipment and machinery.
Must have excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
Physical requirements: bend, stoop, crawl, and lift/carry up to 40lbs.
Must possess good mechanical skills and good manual dexterity.
Must be able to perform duties and meet company goals under limited supervision. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
All personnel are responsible for food safety including, but not limited to practicing GMP's and appropriate food defense techniques. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand instructions. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Being able to resolve issues/problems that involve numerous variables in demanding situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to operate hand tools
Requires to be able to manipulate, lift and position heavy equipment.
Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and crawl.
Must be able to work in a cool environment of less than 60 degrees F.
Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 40lbs.
Requires occasional climbing of steps, safety ladders.
Requires continuous walking and standing. WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts
Environment is occasionally damp and cold. Acid and chlorine chemicals will be used and may emit fumes into the air.
Floors may be wet and slippery
Exposed to cool temperatures, noise and dust.
Continual walking, standing on hand surfaces.
Continual lifting, manipulation of a wide range of bulk cheese, package, and case sizes and weights.
Occasional use of hand tools NOTE : When there are no vacation periods to cover, the Vacation Relief person will cover other shred positions or perform other duties as needed, such as line attendant positions, training, PTO coverage, leave of absence coverage, vacancies, special projects, etc. WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU? Family heritage, shared pride
It begins with passion. A Saputo heritage whose foundation started with a family bringing delicious, quality cheese to their community. Now, more than 65 years later, our family has grown to approximately 17,200 dedicated employees who take pride and ownership in their roles, and who work together, day after day, to deliver quality products they would serve to their own families.
At Saputo, our employees are our most important asset and are the driving force behind our success. We care about their well-being and aim to provide a great working environment. We offer advantageous employment conditions, competitive salaries and benefits to fit their needs and those of their families.
We are always looking to expand our experienced workforce by hiring new talent. Come, join us.Relocation Offered
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or Deltek.Support@Saputo.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran statusus. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov. Saputo Cheese USA Inc and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice - California Candidates
This job has expired.
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC ("the Company," "Saputo," "our" or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the "Candidate Portal"). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.