Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
This is a working supervisor position that operates in an area of functional expertise. The Operations Supervisor leads production activities with the interest of meeting customer quality and on time delivery commitments. The Operations supervisor is also responsible for the safety and development of their employees. The Operations supervisor may be required to perform production tasks as well as:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Enforce company rules and regulations
- Provides technical assistance and process adjustments within the allowable process limitations
- Provide mentorship, training, and development opportunities for the team
- Motivated and results oriented; guides team in same manner
- Empathy for team members
- Drive Lean and 5s initiatives
- Assists manager and other shift leadership with planning and prioritizing production /resource priorities
- Sets, maintains, and reports on planned to actual activity
- Drives waste reduction initiatives
- Ensures product quality and process controls are strictly followed
- Documentation of issues and resolutions
- KPI tracking, recording, and reporting
- Makes key decisions on product quality and performance
- Communicates with Engineering, Quality, and management
- Minor human resource responsibilities
- Provides timely performance feedback and performance reviews
- Participates in customer, ISO, FDA, and safety audits as required
- Process / review necessary paperwork
- Other duties as required
Associates Degree or higher in related field and/or 4-6 years in a related experienceSkills and Abilities
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Strong Written and communication skills
- MS Word, Power Point, Excel
- Interpret Drawings / Specs
- Leadership and Management skills
- Problem solving and issue resolution
- ISO 13485
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds, work in hot or cool environments, standing / sitting for long periods of time. Ability to use fork lift and or personnel lift to reach high objects.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
This job has expired.