At Meta's Reality Labs Research (RL-R), we are developing the future of virtual and augmented reality. As an Operations Program Manager, you will be a critical member of the team and work closely with a multi-disciplinary group of research teams. You'll ensure that all the operational needs of the team are met to enable our ambitious research programs to succeed. You will work with teams across RL-R including other research teams, product, legal, finance, HR, operations, and facilities to build impactful relationships, serve as a dependable point of contact, and ensure your program's needs are met. To do this, you will need a blend of project management and operations acumen to collaborate cross-functionally. To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating their work to all stakeholders, and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to use a light touch to find ways to help the team be more efficient. Our team consists of varying levels of experiences and backgrounds. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your abilities.
Operations Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Autonomously own and drive the operations of the team, and represent its dependencies, deliverables, needs, and reasons behind decisions to the broader organization. Ability to create project schedules and identify risks/risk mitigation.
- Work cross functionally with finance, facilities, procurement, academic relations, recruiting and legal.
- Represent policy, legal, and operational constraints to your program stakeholders and work with them for both research and advanced development teams.
- Track budgets and create reliable quarterly estimates and accruals.
- Manage and evangelize safety protocols for lab spaces and work with EHS to stay current.
- Organize internal and external communication. Examples include maintaining document repositories, facilitating team meetings, and organizing seminars.
- Proactively identify potential setbacks and develop mitigation plans.
- Communicate status, risks and mitigations to stakeholders.
- Manage the distribution of prototype hardware and software to partner teams, track prototype and parts inventory, coordinate demo experiences, and manage prototype documentation.
- 3+ years of project management or operations management experience.
- Experience understanding and communicating technical information to non-experts.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Interpersonal experience with resolving conflicts.
- Experience building relationships internally and externally across more than one discipline.
- Operations experience covering a diverse set of evolving responsibilities and ambiguous situations.
- PMP, CSM or equivalent experience for teams developing hardware and software solutions.
- Experience leading events.
- Experience managing projects with distributed teams.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.