Veolia is seeking an Operations and Maintenance Tech to support wastewater composting operations in Hickory, NC. This position will operate composting, loader, centrifuge, package plant system, some preventative maintenance and assist in repairs. Please note, this is an entry level position at a wastewater facility:
- Must be willing to work outdoors
- Potential confined space work after training objectives are met. You must be able to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- high school Diploma/GED
- Must have dependable transportation
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Mathematic skills and basic computer skills
- Able to operate heavy equipment is a plus.
- Must perform routine and preventative maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments on related equipment including pumps, centrifuges, gates, mixers, blowers, and chemical, feed and odor control.
- Will perform manual labor
- May assist in other areas of plant as directed
- May need to fill in as an operator
- Experience in using power, pneumatic, hydraulic, hand tools, and shop tools
Such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder
- Will clean toilets, sweep and mop floors, and general clean up of facility
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.