The Operational Technology Engineering Supervisor shall maximize Company performance by providing sound oversight to an Operational Technology team responsible for delivering timely and quality service to both internal and external customers. Provides support to other departments including manufacturing, sales, customer service, and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Manages team resources to complete team assignments on time and within budget.
* Ensures that all team resources are engaged in team projects or other productive activities inside or outside the team.
* Provides technical oversight of engineering activities within the team. Engages additional technical resources when necessary to ensure robust designs.
* Reviews drawings to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies. Directs revisions and improvements to engineers or designers.
* Leads root cause analyses of team performance misses.
* Prepares estimates of non-recurring engineering (NRE) costs and preliminary bill of materials (BOM) in support of internal or external quotes.
* Enhances technical and managerial skills by routinely reading publications, enrolling in educational courses, engaging in professional associations, and benchmarking best practices.
* Directs or coordinates and leads organizational improvement initiatives that involve cross-functional team settings and responsibilities.
* Communicates with customer to establish understanding of customer's technical requirements and convey design capabilities, product performance, and organizational expertise. Identifies new business opportunities.
* Design/Develop software to support manufacturing and business intelligence including but not limited to front end GUI, machine control/analytics, machine learning, and back-end application development
* Perform general software quality control including debugging, error handling and change management
* Manages administrative and documentation requirements for tasks such as software revisions, configuration changes, and graphics development or modification
* Design, maintain and control database solutions including but not limited to SQL and Azure
* Perform engineering assignments involving the application of established instrumentation, data acquisition systems, and process control
* Research, design, and develop business systems and applications to solve organizational problems and support continuous improvement efforts
* Utilize Industry 4.0 technologies to create business process enhancements and improvements.
* Develop and maintain IoT solutions including machine learning tools used in manufacturing support
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
* Directly responsible for the teams in the respective area.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance.
* Meets with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toe shoes in specific areas
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses in specific areas
* Hearing protection, in specific locations
* Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 2+ years' related work experience.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, drawings, and schematics.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to train, motivate, multi-task and set priorities.
* Knowledge about the operation and design of aircraft systems is a plus.
* Familiarity with regulatory certification requirements for aircraft electrical and avionics systems is a plus.
* Proficient in MS Office
* Skills in the use of 2D and/or 3D design software a plus.
* Knowledge of ERP systems, SAP preferred
* Familiar with work orders and related technical documentation
* Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing, and ambiguous environment while maintaining a positive team environment.
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
* Strong focus on customer service and dedicated to the overall success of the organization.
* Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
* Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment preferred. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S related performance teams.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Writing skills required to complete documents and forms.
* Familiarity with developing software (front end and back end) for use in the manufacturing process
* LabVIEW development and integration of National Instruments hardware
* Understanding of IoT Technologies from a hardware and software perspective
* Knowledge of industrial IT networking and communication protocols (OPC, TCP/IP, EthernetIP, etc.)
* MES and/or ERP experience
* Experience with design for manufacturing
* Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
* Ability to design and maintain databases for long-term storage of cold data
* Cloud storage for Big Data and IoT solutions (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!