Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Onramp Program Coaches facilitate educational experiences for K-12 students in schools, libraries, and partner organizations in target communities using the Onramp curriculum. Each Coach works with Student Mentors to determine the appropriate lesson, prepare for the visit, facilitate the activities, document the experience, and report results.
This position is a Part-Time Temporary position working 18 hours per week.
The Division of Extended Studies is on a mission to extend higher education beyond traditional boundaries. Our collaborative teams expand student access and improve student success with innovative programs that reach across our metropolitan area, Idaho and beyond. We facilitate online education, community-based programs, concurrent enrollment at high schools, summer sessions, continuing education programs and other lifelong learning options. Join us!
The Onramp Program brings high-impact learning experiences to underrepresented students and teachers in Idaho.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
• Responsible for facilitating the Onramp Program menu of lessons and activities for K-12 students.
• Work with the Onramp Program Manager and Coordinator to plan appropriate lessons for scheduled schools, libraries, and community groups.
• Act as lead facilitator and provide direction to Onramp Program Student Mentors regarding the preparation and organization of materials and devices pre- and post-visit.
• Adapt lessons when appropriate to accommodate student needs.
• Periodically work with Onramp Program Resources Coordinator to monitor online PD Course and provide feedback to students
• Advocate for the Onramp Program and related Boise State programs when visiting schools, libraries, and community organizations.
• Document activities, attendance, reporting metrics, photo releases and success stories related to the program and grant tracking.
• Assist with training sessions and PD workshops for K-12 educators.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Experience teaching in K-12 settings with a strong interest in STEAM education.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Apple products and applications.
• Ability to meet the learning objectives of the program while being flexible and responsive to the needs of students and educators.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
Salary and Benefits:
Salary of $22/per hour.
This position is non-benefit eligible.
Required Application Materials:
Resume and Cover Letter
Advertised: September 7, 2022 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: September 29, 2022 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!